Friendships are one of the most important and beautiful things in the world, with them we don’t feel so alone and have people we can trust our thoughts and feelings with and without them it can get quite isolating. Friendship affirmations can remind us of the importance of these relationships.
Because having friendships doesn’t mean it’s always smooth sailing. Building friendships often take a lot of time and work and putting your trust in someone isn’t always the easiest thing, especially when you’ve been hurt before and problems can arise from this putting a strain on your friendships.
There are thankfully things you can do to help yourself stay positive and help you remember the positive aspects of friendships.
Using friendship affirmations helps you to keep the things you value and want in focus to allow you to strengthen your current friendships and ensure your friendships last a lifetime.
It won’t be something that happens overnight, you’ll have to keep at it, but with practice and determination, you will definitely see results.
Why Are Friendship Affirmations Important?
We all need friends (see also ‘Positive Affirmations For Friends‘), it’s an inherent part of being a human to have a close circle of people we can rely on and trust.
It can be hard to allow yourself to put so much trust into another person when you’ve been burned before, but using affirmations allows you to nurture current friendships to let you focus on the positives about why having friends is so important and how it can improve your relationships and confidence in the long run.
It’s the same for making friends (see also ‘Affirmations For Making Friends‘) too, sometimes it can be difficult to make friends, especially if you’re an introvert or just lack the confidence to strike up a conversation, you can also utilize these affirmations to help you gain confidence to build new friendships and get more comfortable starting conversations with people you don’t know.
Of course, having similar interests and hobbies usually makes it easier to make friends, but real bonding and friendship comes from time, effort and attitude which will allow friendships to blossom quickly and deeply.
When you start repeating these affirmations daily, you’ll start to see a change in your attitude and an improvement in your mood overall, and most importantly you’ll start to see a positive change in your friendships that stand the test of time.
Positive Thoughts Posters
Affirmations For Friendships
Here’s a few different affirmations you can use when you wish to make new friends or want to focus on the positives surrounding your current friendships.
Feel free to try them all out and see which one you like best, remember there’s no right or wrong affirmation, it’s whatever you feel most comfortable with.
- My friends make life fun and exciting. – Think back to fun and playful memories you have from your life. Often times your friends will have played a critical role in the fun times!
- I feel safe with my friends and family – Affirming that you have safety amongst your friends and family will go a long way in helping you feel much more comfortable in your relationships.
- All my friends are lovely people in their own way – This lets you remember your friends are all unique and will sometimes have different ways of showing their friendships and appreciation.
- I love making friends that I genuinely admire – This allows you to focus on the positive aspects of making friends and affirms your admiration and love for the friends you’ll make.
- I’m ready to make new friends, and now I will attract the perfect friends for me – Saying this allows you to get yourself ready to make new friends and in doing this you’ll inadvertently attract the right people for you, to allow you to make strong and lasting friendships.
- Everyone in my circle is a loyal and trustworthy person – Sometimes trusting can be very difficult, when saying this you’ll allow yourself to trust your friends and remember that they’re loyal to you and they’d never do anything to betray your trust.
- I’m everyone’s best friend – There will most likely come a time when you doubt your friendships and feel as if other friends are more liked than you are, but you have to remember that you’re all of your friends’ best friends and you’re liked and appreciated.
- I won’t chase after people who let me down – This allows you to focus on the friends that appreciate you and won’t ever let you down by giving up on the people who do and getting rid of the negativity in your life.
- I set healthy and balanced boundaries – Having healthy and stable boundaries and establishing them can go a long way in ensuring your friendships last a lifetime.
- I believe people know I’m a good person, and that’s why they wish to befriend me – Sometimes you can doubt yourself and the intentions of why others wish to be your friend, you have to remember that you’re an amazing person who deserves wonderful friends.
- I will find my best friend soon – It can sometimes be difficult and frustrating when you’re lacking a best friend in your life, as we all need one, but reaffirming that you will find a best friend soon will project your intentions out to the universe and allow you to get one sooner.
- I can say no to my friends, and they’ll understand – Being a people pleaser in a friendship is often why most friendships fail, understanding that you can say no and your friends will understand will go a long way in strengthening your friendships and allow you to be much happier.
- All my friendships bring about feelings of warmth and care – Affirming this makes your mindset much more positive and allows you to remember the care and warmth you get from having strong friendships.
VIP MEMBERSHIP TO REFLECT AFFIRM
Using a few of these affirmations two or three times a day will begin to shift your attitude and produce a change in your mindset.
It’s important to remember that you won’t see and immediate change and it can take a lot of practice and time before you see results, but repetition is crucial, but soon enough your fear of rejection will start to shrink and you’ll start to appreciate your current friendships and make new ones.
RELATED INFORMATION ON FRIENDSHIP AFFIRMATIONS
Positive Affirmations for Friends – get even more ideas to improve your friendships
Birthday Affirmations for a Friend – awesome ideas to help celebrate that one person!
Affirmations for Friends – even more ideas to cherish your friendships.
Best Friend Affirmations – affirmations to honor your top friend!
Affirmations for Making Friends – affirmations for making friends may help you attract the connections you’ve been dreaming of.