Lying awake at night when you know that you should be asleep can be very frustrating. If you know you have a big day tomorrow or you need to be up early for something important then it can be very distressing when you cannot seem to drop off to sleep. Perhaps you have tried listening to music or a podcast, you have tried meditation or some calming yoga, and nothing seems to work. What can you do to help you get to sleep? Have you ever considered positive sleep affirmations?
One of the best ways to help ensure that you get a good night’s sleep is to try using positive sleep affirmations.
They can reframe your brain and put you in the right frame of mind for rest and relaxation, making it much easier to fall asleep.
If you want to try using positive sleep affirmations to help you drop off, then you are in the right place.
We have put together this fantastic list of positive sleep affirmations which should help you to drop off into a peaceful sleep. Keep reading to find out more.
What Are Positive Sleep Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive phrases that you can tell yourself to help focus on a particular subject or to give you a more optimistic outlook on life.
Sleep affirmations are designed to get your brain into a mindset that makes it easier for you to get to sleep quickly and sleep more soundly and deeply.
Anxious or troubling thoughts can keep you awake, and a restless mind can make you sleep lightly and wake up unsatisfied.
If you can calm your mind and channel positive relaxation before you go to sleep then you will wake up feeling refreshed and rested.
You can combine these affirmations with other sleep aids if you like – essential oils, a pampering skin care routine, or some light stretching.
Try to avoid looking at screens – including television and smart phones – at least half an hour before you go to bed, but preferably an hour.
This time should be spent winding down and preparing for sleep, so avoid anything that will stimulate your brain too much. You can start your sleep affirmations during your wind down time, or wait until you are comfortable in bed.
Positive Affirmations While You Sleep
Positive Sleep Affirmations To Help You Wind Down
The thoughts that you have an hour or so before you go to bed can have a big impact on how well you sleep. Negative thoughts can linger, and reoccur as you are trying to relax and fall asleep.
Try using these positive sleep affirmations while you are winding down before bedtime.
- I tried my best today and my best is good enough
- I am proud of myself for what I have achieved today
- Tomorrow is a new day full of opportunity
- I am choosing to end my day at peace with myself and the universe
- I deserve to rest and recharge
- I am letting go of any negative thoughts
- I am releasing the stress from today and will not carry it forward to tomorrow
- I do not need to worry about tomorrow
- I am choosing to be present and live in this moment
- I am releasing the tension in my body as I breathe deeply
- My muscles feel weighty and tired and I am ready to rest
- My body deserves to be recharged
- I do not need to stimulate my brain, it is time for my mind to rest
- I welcome sleep and serenity
- I am going to sleep soundly tonight
Positive Sleep Affirmations For When You Go To Bed
Once you are settled in bed and all stimuli have been removed, it is easy for your mind to try and fill the silence by over-thinking.
Perhaps you find yourself reflecting on the day just gone, planning out the next day, or putting together a mental list of everything you need to achieve tomorrow.
These thoughts will get in the way of a peaceful sleep, so try to focus on these affirmations instead.
- Today is over and tomorrow has not begun
- I do not need to reflect on today or prepare for tomorrow
- I am living in the present moment
- I am concentrating on breathing slowly and deeply
- As I breathe, my muscles feel heavy and relaxed
- My eyes are closed and my mind is clear
- I feel calm and peaceful
- I welcome sleep and let it wash over me
- I am ready to rest and recharge
- My body and mind deserve to rest
- I gently push unwanted thoughts away in favor of peace
- I am safe and comfortable in my bed
- My mind is shutting down
- I am content and I am starting to feel sleepy
- I will sleep peacefully tonight
VIP MEMBERSHIP TO REFLECT AFFIRM
Positive Sleep Affirmations For If You Are Struggling To Sleep
There may be some nights when it takes you longer to fall asleep. If you are struggling to drop off, try not to panic or get frustrated.
Stay calm and maintain control over your thoughts. If there is something on your mind that won’t go away, try writing down in a journal or some paper and then trying again to fall asleep, using these affirmations.
- I am safe and I am at peace
- I am choosing to empty my mind and push away active thoughts
- My mind is ready to rest and wants to shut down
- My eyes feel heavy and my body feels tired
- I am still at rest even if I am not asleep
- I am removing all pressure and expectations and letting myself relax
- I feel serene and content
- I am comfortable in my body and my body is comfortable in bed
- My breathing is steady and slow and my muscles are relaxed
- I do not need to think about today or tomorrow
- I do not need to think about anything
- I am ready to fall asleep
Positive sleep affirmations are a simple but effective way to help you sleep better. Use them every day for a more sound and satisfying sleep.
Read more positive affirmations for sleep.