As adults, we spent a huge portion of our waking hours working. Seeing as we dedicate so much of our lives to work, it is no surprise that workplace stress is a common issue that every single one of us will have dealt with at one time or another. This also makes workplace stress a problem that can have a massive, negative impact on our lives as a whole, particularly if you find that you are dealing with it more often than not. This is where positive affirmations for work stress can come into play.
When done consistently, positive affirmations can be an excellent way to relieve tension related to work as well as create a more positive outlook about your work in general.
With this in mind, we are going to be taking a look at some particularly uplifting affirmations that can do wonders for work stress.
We are also going to look at the benefits of incorporating positive affirmations into your daily routine and how this can positively affect your working life as well. Let’s get started.
Positive Affirmation And Work
There have always been certain connotations associated with work, seeing as it is a place where most of us have to be in order to make a living and build a life for ourselves.
The notion of the “daily grind” has negative thoughts that have begun to be associated with it more and more so in contemporary society.
Work is seen as something that we are forced to do, something beyond our control, something that causes us fatigue, stress, and -in extreme situations- even physical and mental health problems.
Whilst there are many people that very much enjoy their jobs, there is no denying the overall negatives that have become associated with the workplace.
VIP MEMBERSHIP TO REFLECT AFFIRM
This is why positive affirmation can be so useful as a tool for managing workplace stress.
Positive affirmation refers to the idea of being able to switch up your psyche by telling yourself positive statements and essentially rewiring your brain into taking what were once negatives and turning them into positives.
The high rate of negativity that tends to be associated with work makes the use of positive affirmations a great help when it comes to changing your mindset and feeling more optimistic about your job.
How To Effectively Use Positive Affirmation For Workplace Stress
There are a few tips to keep in mind when it comes to using positive affirmations for stress from work. Some of these include:
- Make notes of the affirmations that you want to use whilst you are at work. Writing these down when you are feeling the most stressed can help you to pinpoint the exact affirmations that will be the most effective for you personally.
- You can also record yourself saying your affirmations if you feel that this would be more effective.
- Make positive connections between yourself and certain aspects of the workplace, such as your co-workers, your daily routine, or your relationship with your boss.
- Try not to dwell on any past jobs or negative work experiences, as this will hinder you from manifesting your positivity through your affirmations.
- Be confident when you recite your affirmations, whether you are writing them down, recording them, or saying them out loud in front of a mirror. The more confident you are, the more likely you are to believe in yourself and in the words that you have chosen for your affirmations.
- Go into work with a clear mind to avoid any creeping, negative thoughts. One way of doing this is to practice your breathing and to make yourself as comfortable as possible when you do so in order to allow yourself to concentrate on your breathing.
- Think of how these affirmations are going to help you in the long run by deciding what it is that you exactly want from your work. Is it a more straightforward and organized working life that you are searching for? Or do you want more flexibility? Is this the job that you want to keep, or are you planning on branching out or entering a new sector entirely? Pin down these points in your mind so that your affirmations can be as relevant and beneficial to your situation as possible.
50 Positive Thinking Journal Prompts
Examples Of Positive Affirmations For Work Stress
Let’s now take a look at some examples of positive affirmations that can be particularly effective for stress caused by work.
- I am grateful for my job
- I look forward to the challenges that my work will bring
- My workplace is a safe and secure place
- Once my working day is over, I no longer need to worry about anything work-related
- I strive to contribute toward a positive and happy work environment for myself and my coworkers
- I am grateful for the coworkers that positively impact my working day
- I am a friendly, happy, and easy-going coworker to my team
- I appreciate my workplace relationships and value my coworkers
- I effectively create boundaries between myself and my coworkers when necessary
- I understand that people have good days and bad days at work and I can empathize with this
- I might feel stressed right now, but it is only temporary
- I am capable and can handle anything thrown my way
- Though I can deal with most situations, I cannot do everything at once
- It is okay to fail or have a bad day
- I learn from my mistakes
- When I feel overwhelmed, I will actively seek out the necessary resources
- Feedback helps me to grow as a person and as a worker
- Opportunities come from challenging situations
- I am doing my best and giving my all to my work and to this company
- The higher-ups in this company are regular people like me
Stress in the workplace is something that we all deal with, but if you are willing to put in the effort of introducing some positive affirmations into your daily routine, then you are sure to start seeing positive changes in the way that you view work and the workplace.