Over the last few years, we have needed to garner the power of positive thinking a great deal. Having a positive mindset can be very helpful. One way to address this is using positive affirmations for kids.
You may have seen positive affirmations spread across the internet, sprawled out on walls and cushions, and on posters.
These feel-good statements are far more than just words printed out to catch your attention.
These positive affirmations can help many achieve wellness and inner calm.
With busy and hectic lives, many adults require a positive reminder pretty regularly. But, it’s not just adults.
Children can also benefit from positive thinking as they develop within the ever-changing world around them.
With regular positive affirmations, health can be improved, stress can be managed better, and challenges can be overcome to make the best life choices possible.
The idea behind positive affirmations is quite clear – by changing the way you think, you can be in a better position to control your thoughts, emotions, and actions.
While there are many steps to make a more positive life for yourself, it typically starts with positive affirmations and self-talk.
For children, a vivid imagination can help in this quest for positivity.
Positive thinking requires that voice inside your head to give you positive messages about yourself, a situation, and/or the world around you.
As for kids and young adults, the more positive thinking they have as they grow up, the better they can experience the world.
With positive affirmations, children can soon learn to believe in themselves and reach their potential with growing confidence.
Read on as we guide you through our favorite positive affirmations for kids to help them build self-confidence and live a life shining in positivity. You can also check out more specific Positive Affirmations for Students here.
The Best Positive Affirmations For Kids
- I am enough.
- I matter.
- I am an amazing person.
- Everything will be okay.
- Every day is a fresh start.
- There is no one better to be than myself.
- I am loved for who I am.
- I get better every single day.
- Today is going to be a great day.
- Today, I choose to be confident.
- Today is going to be an awesome day.
- All of my problems have solutions.
- I am whole.
- I’m not afraid of a challenge.
- I can do anything I put my mind to.
- Today, I am a leader.
- Today, I choose to think positive.
- I accept who I am.
- I believe in my goals and dreams.
- I remember that bad feelings come and go.
- I can get through anything.
- I have people who love and respect me.
- I forgive myself for my mistakes.
- I am a good friend.
- I stand up for what I believe in.
- I give myself permission to make choices.
- I am perfect just the way I am.
- I only compare myself to myself.
- I can control my own happiness.
- I can stand up for what I believe in.
- If I fall, I will get back up again.
- I am open and ready to learn.
- My challenges help me grow.
- I am good at solving problems.
- My mistakes help me learn and grow.
- It’s my character, not my appearance, that counts.
- I have the power to make my dreams true.
- I can make a difference.
- My confidence will grow when I step outside my comfort zone.
- I am in charge of my life.
- I believe in myself and my abilities.
- Making mistakes helps me grow.
- Good things are going to come to me.
- I have courage and confidence.
- It’s okay not to know everything.
- My thoughts and feelings are important.
- Today I will walk through my fears.
- I have everything I need right now.
- I can do better next time.
- I am capable of so much.
- I am free to make my own choices.
- I am proud of myself.
- I believe in myself.
- I deserve to be happy.
- I deserve to be loved.
- I can work hard to achieve my goals.
- I’m unique and special.
- Every day is a fresh start.
- I can do anything.
- I’m proud of myself.
- I don’t have to be around people who make me feel uncomfortable.
- It is enough to do my best.
- My positive thoughts create positive feelings.
- I have many talents.
- I know right from wrong.
- I am smart.
- I am capable.
- I don’t have to be perfect to be worthy.
- I can be assertive, but not aggressive at the same time.
- I have a great personality.
- I can learn anything I put my mind to.
- I can create positive change in the world.
- I can and will speak up when someone is treating another person poorly.
- It’s OK to have a break.
- I have so much to be grateful for.
How To Help Kids Do Positive Affirmations
With 75 positive affirmations above, you may be wondering, ‘okay, but how do I get my child to sit down and perform positive affirmations?’
While it can be difficult to get kids to sit and think for five minutes, it is possible.
Set aside five or ten minutes at the same time every day, with the morning being the best time of day. However, any time will suffice. During this time, ask your child to choose two, three, or four affirmations for that day.
Then, all they have to do is write down these positive messages, but only if they are old enough, and then ask them to say them aloud.
If they can do this in front of a mirror, the affirmation can be stronger.
We recommend choosing your own affirmations to participate alongside your kid.
Therefore, you’re showing you are part of the exercise and not just imposing the ‘ritual.’
Daily positive affirmations can help children grow into confident and well-rounded individuals.
By thinking and even speaking these affirmations aloud, children can grow up believing in themselves and be in a better position to tackle any challenges the world throws their way.
Join in with your kids and you too can enjoy the benefits of daily positive affirmations.
DOWNLOAD FREE PRINTABLE AFFIRMATIONS HERE
Want to get free printable positive affirmations? You can access them here – FREE PRINTABLE AFFIRMATION CARDS