At some point in our lives, we will all experience anxiety. Whether it is feeling anxious about a new role at work, a big change in your personal life, or you just can’t shake feeling anxious, anxiety impacts us and leaves many of us struggling to feel positive.
If you have suffered from anxiety for a while, you know how tricky it is to break yourself from the cycle and feel calmer. You can find yourself overcome with worry, with a tightness in your stomach or chest, or sometimes unable to leave your bed.
And while there are many different habits, techniques, and medications we can try to alleviate anxious feelings or anxiety, they don’t always work.
You can quickly find yourself searching and searching, desperate for answers, but never getting the one that you need.
Well, no more! Today, we are here with the answers that you need. Positive affirmations could hold the key to keeping your anxiety at bay and we are here with the best positive affirmations for anxiety.
Just keep reading to find out more.
What Is A Positive Affirmation?
Before we dive in, let’s have a quick recap for those in the room that need it. A positive affirmation is a statement repeated to yourself to help you overcome negative thoughts, like anxiety.
If you find yourself overthinking about a situation, worrying if you said the wrong thing, or are feeling anxious and negative about an upcoming event, you can use a positive affirmation to banish these thoughts.
Instead of focusing on the anxious thoughts, or the physical symptoms of your anxiety, you will instead focus on the affirmation.
By flooding your mind with this positive statement and repeating it, you will start to believe these positive statements. This can help you make positive changes in your life to help with your anxiety.
You might spend more time focusing on the positives, or less time overthinking and worrying about situations outside of your control.
For many people, positive affirmations are an excellent way to deal with anxiety. Now, they might not work for everyone, but we think it is worth trying!
VIP MEMBERSHIP TO REFLECT AFFIRM
Positive Affirmations For Anxiety
Let’s get straight into it! Below is a list of positive affirmations for anxiety. You can use these affirmations when you feel anxious or throughout the day to keep anxiety at bay.
When using positive affirmations, use them at the correct times for you. Everyone is different and experiences anxiety differently, what works for someone else might not be suitable for you.
Let’s take a look at the list now.
- I am safe and under no threat from anyone or anything.
- My past experiences will not stop me from succeeding now or in the future.
- I am enough.
- As I breathe in air, I breathe out tension.
- I can only accept healthy things in my life right now.
- I am strong.
- I am loved by X (list the people in your life that love you).
- I control my mind, it does not control me.
- I can do this.
- I can overcome any situation.
- I am calm. I am relaxed.
- I will survive. I have felt like this before and survived, I will survive now.
- I have the strength within me to move beyond this anxiety.
- I am not anxious. My anxiety does not define me.
- I am in charge of my breathing.
- I forgive myself.
- I forgive others for what has happened.
- I am doing the best that I can, and that is enough.
- Right now, I am where I need to be.
- My future is bright and happy. This feeling will not last forever.
- I choose positive thoughts.
- I choose nurturing thoughts.
- I am not comparing myself to others, I am my own person.
- I am not judging myself.
- I am not the same person I was before. My past does not define me.
- I am healthy. I am happy.
- I believe in myself.
- I will get through this difficult time.
- I love myself.
- I believe in myself.
- I am happy, I have X, Y, and Z in my life (list three things, or more that you have in your life you are grateful or happy for).
- I am successful.
- I inhale the light and exhale the negativity (or darkness) from my life.
- My energy is focused on my values (beliefs, goals, etc.), not my anxiety.
- I am present at this moment. I am enjoying X (state what you are currently enjoying, such as the meal you are eating, a conversation you are having, or something you are watching).
When Should I Use A Positive Affirmation?
As you can see, we have a long list of positive affirmations that you can repeat to yourself to help with anxiety. But when should you use them?
Well, you can use these affirmations at any time you are feeling anxious. A lot of these can be tailored to any situation, whether you are at an event, at work, at home, or sitting in your car.
You can repeat them to yourself silently, or say them out loud. It can feel strange to do this at first, but once you have sat alone and told yourself that you love yourself a few times, the strange feeling starts to wear off.
You can also write down your affirmations when you are feeling anxious. Keep a journal with you to jot them down and read over when you are feeling anxious, or you can use your notes app on your phone.
You can choose to start your day by repeating an affirmation or end your day with them as you get ready for bed.
We recommend that you try using affirmations at several points throughout the day to find a time that best suits you. And remember, this can change from day to day, so don’t be afraid to mix it up!
And there you have it, positive affirmations that you can use to help with anxiety. Whether you suffer from anxiety daily, or at high-pressure points in your life, there is sure to be an affirmation that suits you.
Remember to repeat them to yourself to keep your anxious thoughts at bay and to focus on the good in your life.